18 April 2014

Holy Saturday, 19 April

Proclaim further: Thus says the Lord of hosts: My cities shall again overflow with prosperity; the Lord will again comfort Zion and again choose Jerusalem. Zechariah 1:17

So you have pain now; but I will see you again, and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy from you.The Prophecy about to be fulfilled and a promise of a great joy the coming of God’s kingdom. 
John 16:22

This is a message of warning then of hope the feeling of sorrow – then a great joy.

The death of Jesus must be included in his going away. Naturally his disciples would be devastated at not seeing him again. Nevertheless, Christ’s work to save was complete and perfect.

It brings us the joys of salvation and reconciliation with God and an ultimate joy that can never be taken away. This is the gift to everyone in faith. The sorrow could not be avoided it was necessary for this great joy. By leaving at his death then again at his ascension our eternal salvation depended on it.

It is the greatest joy to know that the presence of Jesus is always with us throughout our lives.

Father, help me to overcome my fears about your absence. Grant that I may know that you are with me always, no matter how I feel.

Steve Cheshire
St Clement’s 

No comments:

Post a Comment